Meet your Librarian!
“Jozi loves fresh flowers, hot tea, and a good historical book.”
Check us out!
Our collection of children’s books and literature is always growing! Don’t see a book you want? Ask the circulation staff if it can be ordered!
Summer Reading Program: A Universe of Stories!
- Summer Specials at the Main Library
- Saturday Morning Cartoons: Every Saturday in the Summer from 10 am until 12 pm.
- Blast Off Party! May 25th from 12 pm – 4 pm. Enjoy a planetarium, astronaut snacks, real scientists, and a photo booth! *
- Soar Through Summer Reading Party! June 30th 2-4 pm. Entertainment, bounce house, and frozen yogurt! *
- Teddy Bear Picnic: July 21st 1-2 pm Bring your favorite teddy bear or stuffed animal to the library for picnic snacks and books!
- Landing Party: August 10th 2-4 pm to celebrate the completion of summer reading. Enjoy water games and the Kona Ice Truck! *
- LEGO® Club: Come to the world of LEGOs and build your creation to be on display! All Lego pieces are provided but must remain in the library.
- Every last Wednesday of the month at 4:30 pm at the Main Library
- Every Tuesday at 4 pm at the Clinton-Massie Branch Library.
- Discovery Club: Dive into the world of science at the program for all school age students. We discuss scientific topics, preform experiments, and have lots of fun! Every second Wednesday of the month (unless otherwise noted) at the Main Library.
- History Extra! We explore the fun topics in history at this program. We have had Roman snacks while wearing our own Togas, written with quill, ink and parchment while listening to medieval tunes! We bring history to life with people who do reenactments! Every 3rd Wednesday of the Month (unless otherwise noted) at the Main Library.
- Kool Kids Book Club: We all read the same book during the month, then get together to talk about it, have snacks, create something kool, and hang out! Ages 7 and up. Adult supervision is welcome but not required. Every last Thursday of the month at 4:30 pm at the Main Library.
- June 27: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. Make your own chocolates at book club!July 25: Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White. Spiders aren’t the only ones that can make kool string art!August 29: Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary. Make a necklace like Ramona’s.