18 HOURS PER WEEK
WILMINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
Wilmington Public Library is seeking a detail oriented individual to shelve library materials and assist in preparing crafts for children’s programs. The work schedule may include days, evenings, and weekends. Work schedule may be flexible to accommodate student class schedules.
Supervisor: Youth Services Team Leader
Salary: Minimum Wage ($8.10 per hour)
No benefits are available for this position
Primary Job Duties:
- Shelve library materials of all types
- Read shelves to maintain correct order on the shelves
- Shift materials.
- Straighten shelves, displays, and furniture
- Assist in preparing program materials
Additional Duties May Include:
- Assist with programs, program preparation, and clean up after programs
- May help patrons find specific titles
- Refer patrons to the circulation or reference desk as needed
- Light cleaning
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Age 16 or older
- Ability to alphabetize and put library materials in order
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Reliable transportation to work
Resumes must be received by September 30, 2016
Email resume to Library Director Nancy Ehas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes may also be hand delivered or mailed to:
Wilmington Public Library
268 N. South St.
Wilmington, Ohio 45177
CLINTON MASSIE BRANCH
WILMINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
Wilmington Public Library is seeking a self-motivated, flexible team player to lead a customer responsive team at a Wilmington Public Library branch located in Clinton Massie High School. The work schedule includes early days, evenings, and Saturdays.
Supervisor: Library Director
Salary: $ 32,000 – $ 35,000
Full time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, available benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, short term disability, life insurance, AFLAC.
- MLIS from an ALA accredited library school
- Minimum three years increasingly responsibly experience in a public library at a professional level preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in standard computer software programs
The Branch Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the branch library including but not limited to:
- Staff selection, training, supervision, and evaluation
- Attending to the physical branch facility
- Reference service
- Circulation services
- Developing and implementing programs for all ages
- Promoting the branch to the community
- Collection management
- Serving as liaison with school administration and faculty
- Explaining library policies and procedures
- Coordinate branch operations and events with library administration
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Library Director Nancy Ehas at email@example.com
Resumes received by September 30, 2016 will receive first consideration.