YOUTH SERVICES ASSISTANT
Full Time 40 hours per week
Clinton Massie Branch
Wilmington Public Library is seeking a self-motivated, flexible individual to serve on a library system Youth Services Team and to assist with planning and conducting a community responsive program of service to children and teens. The work site will be the Clinton Massie Branch. Work schedule includes days, evenings and weekends.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
With limited supervision:
- Assist in planning, preparing, and implementing library programs for youth of all ages at the Main Library and Clinton Massie Branch.
- Assist in providing outreach to schools, daycares and community organizations.
- Assist in maintenance of the materials collection for youth. This may include occasional travel to Cincinnati to participate in regional book review group.
- Provide informational assistance to customers of all ages.
- Associate degree and two years of library experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Demonstrated ability to successfully work as a team member preferred.
- Six months experience working directly with young children in a public library setting preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance to travel between the Main Library and Clinton Massie Branch.
- Must pass a background check.
Salary range: $ 12.23 – $ 14.04 per hour
Email cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Library Director Nancy Ehas: email@example.com
Resumes received by October 14, 2016 will receive first consideration.