Maps & Travel
- Bartleby.com – Publisher of literature, reference and verse.
- Reader’s Advisory Online – Free database of authors, titles, genres.
- Fantastic Fiction – Bibliographies for over 30,000 authors and information on over 350,000 books.
- Goodreads – Largest site for readers and book recommendations in the world
- What’s Next™: Books in Series – Search series fiction.
- Allreaders.com – Classifies books based on plot, setting, character, and writing style.
- BookBrowse -Read-alikes, book reviews, book club guides, and more.
- Lit Lovers – Book club ideas, reading guides, book reviews, recipes.
- AR Bookfinder – Search for Accelerated Reader books.
- Juvenile Series and Sequels – Database contains over 28,000 books in 3,700 series titles for infants through readers in the 12th grade.
- Teenreads – Book reviews, contests, author information for Young Adults.
- 50states.com – General info on all 50 states: Climate, government, symbols, etc.
- Biography.com – From the A&E network. Not definitive, but a good place to start.
- FREE – Federal Resource for Educational Excellence. On April 18, 1997, President Clinton asked Federal agencies to determine what “resources you can make available that would enrich the Internet as a tool for teaching and learning.” In response, more than 30 Federal agencies formed a working group to make hundreds of federally supported education resources available at this web site.
- How Stuff Works – Nifty site for how engines, rockets, cell phones, bathroom scales, you name it, work.
- Khan Academy – over 3,300 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice.
- TED – “Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world.”
- Literacy Link – Combining video, the Internet, and print materials, LiteracyLink programs are relevant to the needs of the individual learner, adult instructional programs, and the workforce. A joint project of PBS Adult Learning Service, and the National Center on Adult Literacy.
- Modern Language Association – MLA guide to citing web sites.
- Ohio GED– Office of General Educational Development, Ohio Department of Education.
- Statewide assessment, Ohio Dept. of Education – Results, requirements and practice tests.
- The History Place – “Dedicated to students, educators and all who enjoy history.”
- WorksCited4U – Online bibliography formatting service.
- Clinton County (Ohio) Genealogical, Historical Societies – Combined site for the two groups, contact information, list of publications available, membership details and more.
- Clinton County Ohio GenWeb – Part of the USGenWeb project.
- Familysearch.org – Internet genealogy service from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Ohio death certificate index – 1913-1927, and 1933-37. “This database indexes Death Certificates of persons that died in Ohio in the above years, useful for determining date of death and certificate number. Using the index information, a researcher can later obtain a copy of the certificate itself, which holds further information.” Available from the Ohio Historical Society.
- Ohio Genealogical Society – Lists Ohio county genealogical society chapters with links to those online.
- Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center Obituary Index – Although called the Obituary Index, it is really a local history name index. The system indexes a variety of sources besides obituaries, including marriage announcements, wills and estates, funeral home records, history books, cemetery records and scrapbooks.
- Southern Ohio Genealogical Society of Highland County – Of particular interest to researchers is the Southern Ohio Genealogical Society library house at the Southern State Community College Learning Resource Center, Hillsboro.
- Ancestry Library Edition – IN-LIBRARY USE ONLY – The institutional version of Ancestry.com delivers hundreds of millions of names from sources such as federal and U.S. censuses; birth, death, and marriage records including the Social Security Death Index; and U.S. border crossing and trans-ocean ship records.
- Clinton County Historical Maps – Part of the Clinton County GIS program. Includes aerial photography, cemeteries, Sanborn Fire Insurance maps, old township maps, and surveys.
- Find a Grave-Search over 90 million grave records.
- American Medical Association – Medical news (JAMA), professional issues. Visit the “Health and Fitness Information” page for useful health info including doctor and hospital finders.
- IntelliHealth – Home to Johns Hopkins health information. Very comprehensive.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine – Every significant program of the library is represented, from medical history to biotechnology.
- Medline plus – Designed to direct you to resources containing information that will help you research your health questions. Also, ClinicalTrials.gov. From the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
- Merck Manual Home Edition – Online version of the popular manual.
- RxList: The Internet Drug Index – Drug information covering over 4,000 U.S. products.
- WebMD – Health information and services to consumers and healthcare professionals.
- Board of Building Standards Ohio – Ohio Department of Commerce Board of Building Standards. Information relating to Ohio building codes.
- Ohio Bar Association – For members and non-members.
- Leading Age Ohio – Nonprofit organization that represents approximately 500 long-term care organizations and hospices, as well as those providing ancillary health care and housing services, in more than 150 Ohio towns and cities. Source for instructions and forms for completing Ohio’s Living Will and Ohio’s Health Care Power of Attorney.
- Ohio Revised Code, Administrative Code, state constitution
- Ohio State Legal Services Association – OSLSA acts as general counsel to Ohio’s poor.
- United States Code – From the Office of the Law Revision Counsel, U.S. House of Representatives.
- United States Code of Federal Regulations – From the National Archives and Records Administration.
- U.S. Courts – Home page of the Federal Judiciary with links to district, bankruptcy and other federal courts.
- Thomas – U.S. Congress legislative information.
- Clinton County Municipal Court – Court forms, court rules, victim services, bond schedule, glossary of legal terms.
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Offender Search – Database of all prisoners in Ohio correctional facilities, listing offense, date of imprisonment, inmate number, and sentence.
|Maps & travel
- Clinton County GIS Program -Website designed to disseminate data and information on Clinton County’s GIS Program and to provide useful links to web pages that provide information on GIS or related fields of government service
Disclaimer: Maps have been constructed using City, County, and State records and are to be used for assessment purposes or as references only. Maps do not represent the official survey of the land.
- American Camping Association – Search for ACA-accredited camps for youth.
- CDC’s National Center for Infectious Diseases Travelers’ Health – Includes the “Yellow Book”.
- United States Passports – Applications, renewals, fees, requirements, travel news.
- Travisa – offers travel visa processing, online visa application forms and other country information for US citizens only.
- MapQuest – Search and mapping utility.
- Google Maps – Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions.
- Ohio Tourism – Schedule of events, places to visit, museums, and sites to see in Ohio.
| Federal Government
State of Ohio
- Income Tax Department – Quick overview of the City of Wilmington income tax requirements.
- Wilmington, Ohio Online Government Documents – Includes tax forms in Tax Department folder as well as building and zoning permit applications, City Council agendas and minutes, employment opportunities, event permit forms and much, much more.