Digital Resources Help: The Ohio Digital Library - Libby eReader
What is Libby?
Libby is a free app where you can borrow ebooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines from your public library. You can stream titles with Wi-Fi or mobile data, or download them for offline use and read anytime, anywhere. All you need to get started is a library card.
Accessing Libby with your Wilmington Public Library Card:
- Go to The Ohio Digital Library (http://ohdbks.lib.overdrive.com/)
- Click the "Sign In" button (upper right area of the page).
- From the drop down menu select "Wilmington Public Library of Clinton County"
- Enter your library card number and your PIN (last four numbers of your phone number associated to your card).
Getting started with Libby
With Libby, you can borrow free ebooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines from your library. All you need is a library card.
Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium) browser.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a library card.
Browse your library's catalog and borrow a title.
Your selection will vary based on your library, since each library chooses what titles and formats to offer in Libby.
Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf () and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline.
On your Shelf, tap loans at the top of the screen. From there, you can:
- Tap Read With... to choose where you'd like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open In Libby, Open Magazine, or Open Audiobook to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.