The Library can assist you in locating and printing copies of specific tax forms and/or requesting paper forms from the IRS or State of Ohio.
Note: Library staff cannot help you fill out tax forms or recommend specific forms to use.
- At the Library: A limited supply of Federal tax forms, provided by the IRS, are available during tax season.
- Print Online: Most forms, instructions and publications may be printed/viewed on the IRS website.
- Request By Phone: Some forms cannot be printed from the IRS website including 1099 and W-2 forms. Copies of these forms must be ordered directly from the IRS by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) or by contacting our local IRS office at 200 W. Second Street, Dayton, OH, 45402, 1-937-610-2182.
- Request By Mail: Get information about how to order federal forms and publications by mail on the IRS website.
Note: Bulk distribution of state tax forms to public libraries has been discontinued.
- At the Library: A limited supply of Ohio Income Tax Instruction booklets are available during tax season.
- Print Online: State forms and instructions can be printed/viewed from the Ohio Department of Taxation website.
- Request By Phone: Forms may also be requested by calling the Ohio Tax Form Request line at 1-800-282-1782.
- Wilmington City tax forms are available for download and printing here.
Online Forms and Information:
- Federal Tax Forms / IRS - Internal Revenue Service
Search for forms available from the Internal Revenue Service. Filing information, regulations and guidance is also available on this site.
- State of Ohio
Ohio tax forms, file taxes online, make payments, or look up your rate for municipal income, sales, and school district income taxes.
- State Forms - Other
Links to all available tax forms from all 50 states. Includes links to federal forms, as well as federal data resources.
- Wilmington City Forms and Information
Download or print all available city tax forms.
AARP, an organization dedicated to addressing the interests of people 50 and older, offers information on recent tax law changes, online tax counseling, and assistance centers across the country.
The Wilmington Public Library will be hosting AARP Tax-Aide sessions from February 4th, 2022 until April 16th, 2022 on Fridays and Saturdays only in Kirk Rooms A & B on the first floor of the library. To schedule a time for AARP assistance with your tax returns, please call us at 937.382.2417. We will begin taking schedule requests starting in mid-January.
File Your Federal Taxes Online for Free
Directions and information on how to file federal income tax returns for free.
Get Free Tax Prep Help
Locator for finding free tax prep assistance within a certain radius of a ZIP code.
IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
Internal Revenue Service's site for small business owners, non-profits and persons who are self-employed. Includes online workshops, employment tax information and more.
IRS Tax Information for Members of the Military
For current and former military personnel serving in the United States armed forces, uniform services, and under limited circumstances, support organizations.
Small Business Taxes & Management
Professional tax and management guidance for small to medium-sized businesses
Tax Counseling for the Elderly
Provides Information about the Tax Counseling for the Elderly program and a list of participating sites nationwide.
Tax Prep Help at Second Chance Center of Hope
Free tax prep assistance. Appointments are required.
The Tax Prophet
The Tax Prophet helps decipher the U.S. Internal Revenue code and offers a variety of articles about tax issues. This is not a site for tax forms and publications.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $57,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
Business Source Premier - from EBSCOhost
Boost your business knowledge by researching company and industry profiles, country and market research reports, and magazine articles. - Library card number is required.
Small Business Reference Center - from EBSCOhost
Exclusive full text for many top consumer small business reference books, as well as tools to address many small business topics. Includes business videos, a help and advice section, and details on how to create business plans. - Library card number is required.